History of Sopraponte
Looking at the history of Sopraponte we discover that it has always been an autonomous municipality even before the 1400s until in 1928, with the Royal decree of 10 August 1928 n. 2046, Sopraponte is aggregated to the municipality of Gavardo together with Soprazocco and thus loses the municipal independence.
The hamlet of Sopraponte is located at the entrance to the valley that leads to the town of Vallio Terme and which then ends at the Colle Sant’Eusebio pass, divided for its length by the path of the Vrenda torrent which originates in the Vallio area. It is in turn made up of small hamlets: Borzina, Quarena, Soseto, Fostaga, Casalicolo, La Vela (also called Villa) and Monte Magno.
The last two hamlets were affected by archaeological excavations over time which led to the exhumation of some archaeological finds dating back to both the Neolithic and Roman times. These finds are still exhibited at the Natural Science Museum of Brescia and at the Valle Sabbia Archaeological Museum.
Further historical information can be found on the website of ENCICLOPEDIA BRESCIANA of Antonio Fappani.
Places to visit
- Sopraponte Monte Magno, is where our Chalet Vela is located, you can reach several paths / trails for trekking, enter the caigavardo.it website and view the listed routes (path 501-502-503-504-505-506) click on the link of the path you want to walk.
- Gavardo, every Friday in Piazza della Chiesa, there is a market for typical food products of the area, such as honey, jams, meats and cheeses.
- Salò, visit the center and its boutiques walking along the lake you will also find the boat stop (for passengers only) that will take you to all the tourist villages of Lake Garda which include 3 provinces (Brescia, Verona, Trento).
- Gardone Riviera, the magnificent garden designed by Dr. Hruska reproduces botany from all over the world and today is dotted with sculptures. The Vittoriale is a monumental complex, a sort of house / museum, built by the will of Gabriele d’Annunzio, the famous poet, starting in 1921.
- Maderno, you can go to the pier and take the ferry accessible to cars and reach the opposite coast of the lake.
- Gargnano, Villa Feltrinelli stands out, a jewel between the nineteenth century and the events of CSR. Today it is an extra-luxury hotel, but it can be visited once a year.
- Tremosine, boasts the inscription on the list of the most beautiful villages in Italy, after traveling the exciting road of the Forra you can let yourself be stolen from the “thrilling terrace, it is a terrace suspended in the void at 350 meters of altitude.
- Limone sul Garda, inaugurated in 2018 the Garda By Lake cycle path, but already nicknamed the “cycle path of dreams”, a path overlooking the lake, where you can walk or cycle.
- Desenzano del Garda, for a real shopping among the boutiques of the Corso or in the large shopping centers “LE VELE” and “IL LEONE”, in the evening you can immerse yourself in the nightlife and have fun in the nightclubs.
- Sirmione Visit to the Castle where you can admire the characteristic of the drawbridge, in Sirmione you can also find the Terme, treatment center and SPA. You can also visit the Grotte di Catullo, an archaeological area that preserves the remains of one of the largest residential villas in northern Italy, located in an exceptional position on the tip of the Sirmione peninsula, dominating from the top of the rocky spur the entire basin of Lake Garda.
- Peschiera del Garda, a characteristic village where you can admire the historic palaces, fortifications, bridges over the canals and small piers where boats stop.
- Lazise you can immediately admire the Scaligero castle, the walls that surround the historic center and recall its medieval imprint.
- Malcesine, for over 50 years the rotating cable car has brought thousands of tourists to discover the beauties of Monte Baldo and to admire Lake Garda from above.
- Manerba del Garda, the visit of the Rocca di Manerba is one of the best panoramic points of Garda, from there you can see the island of rabbits, the island of Garda, the port of San Felice, the Gulf of Salò, Mount Baldo … you can take a beautiful walk, suitable for the whole family, because the path is short and visit the archaeological museum.
- Brescia Millemiglia Museum, the legend of the legendary Brescia car race.
- Brescia S. Giulia Museum, a journey through the history, art and spirituality of Brescia from the prehistoric age to today.
Franciacorta designer outlets.
- Borgonato di Corte Franca, you can book a tour with tasting guided by the Somelier in the Berlucchi cellars
Iseo shopping in the historic center, also taking the boat from the Iseo landing stage, you can disembark in Montisola and take a simple walk and enjoy all the magic of the island.
- Gardaland in Castelnuovo del Garda (VR), suitable for all ages and whether you are a lover of adrenaline, adventure or magic, Gardaland is the ideal park to experience days of pure fun.
- Caneva Aquapark in Lazise (VR) is a water park with 4 independent areas, pools, slides and pure fun.
- Parco Natura Viva in Bussolengo (VR) there are many species of animals at risk that the park treats and then reinserts in the wild.
- Sigurtà Park in Valeggio sul Mincio (VR), is a naturalistic park of 60 hectares, you can rent an electric car and walk along the long avenues and admire the millions of tulips and all other species of flowers and plants, the Park has won the award as the most beautiful park in Italy in 2013 and in 2015 as the second most beautiful park in Europe.
- Verona, city of lovers, where you can visit the house of Romeo and Juliet.
- Venice, a romantic city where there are no streets, but canals, including the Grand Canal, flanked by Renaissance and Gothic palaces.